Mueller’s parks, trails and open space weave through the community, establishing a native, local ecosystem and bringing outdoor recreation and education options to Mueller residents, employees and neighbors. With 20 percent of the neighborhood dedicated to parkland and open space, every resident will live less than 600 feet away from a community greenspace. Mueller’s greenspace will be developed along with the rest of the neighborhood, connecting the many elements of the project as a part of the Mueller vision to create a walkable and sustainable community.
- Approximately 140 acres of parks, trails and open space
- 5 miles of new hike and bike paths
- At least 15,000 new trees throughout the development
- The Mueller Greenway – a “green necklace” surrounding the neighborhood that connects to existing Austin parks including Bartholomew Park, Patterson Park and the public Morris Williams Golf Course
- Located near the Mueller retail center, Dell Children's Medical Center and the future town center
- 10-foot-wide hike and bike trail made of decomposed granite
- Accessible playscape
- Picnic area with trellis shade structure
- Trail head for the hike and bike loop
- Located near Mueller’s first neighborhood along Tom Miller St.
- Restored Texas blackland prairie incorporating native plants in partnership with the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center
- Educational amenities about the ecosystem and prairies of Central Texas
- 10-foot-wide hike and bike trail made of decomposed granite
- Public Art
- 30 acres centrally located at Mueller near the Mueller Central information center and the future town center
- Completed 6.5-acre lake adjacent to Mueller Central
- Open air amphitheater and stage
- Interactive playscape
- Picnic peninsula
- Loop trail
- Jogger stretching area
- 2.5-acre park located in the heart of Mueller’s first neighborhood
- Playscape with one acre of open lawn
- Junior Olympic-sized, 5-lane lap pool with adjacent wading pool for children and poolhouse
- Basketball/sport court
- Shaded picnic areas
A full set of the parks and common grounds
rules can be found under Documents and Forms. Here are a few of the most common parks related rules we are asked about:
- No alcohol.
- No glass.
- All dogs must be leashed.
- Please pick up any poop from your animals.
- Parks are open from 5am - 10pm.
- No vehicles are allowed on the grass.
- No horses or other livestock.
- No motorized boats but kayaks and canoes are allowed in the ponds.
- No climbing on trees.
- No swimming or wading.
- No smoking.
- No outside grills or BBQ pits.
- No fireworks.
- No bouncyhouses or other inflatables are allowed.
- Fishing is allowed but catch and release only. The ponds are a water quality feature and swallowing the water can be dangerous to people and pets, especially after large rains. While fishing at Mueller you are required to follow all Texas Parks and Wildlife guidelines.
- Please pick up your own trash and dispose of it properly.
- Groups, events, sales, business or other professional users (such as bootcamps, filming, photographers) require prior approval, depending on the size and scope there may be fees and deposits required.
Reservations and Events at Mueller
Mueller’s park spaces are open for public access but are privately owned and maintained at this time by the Mueller Master Property Owners’ Association and funded by Mueller Property Owners so a use fee is required for groups over 20 people to cover the cost of increased cleaning and trash pickup caused by larger groups. Please note that all reservations are non-exclusive. This means that there may be some other park goers and you cannot ask them to leave.
How can I have my party or event at Mueller?
First you will need to submit the Initial Inquiry Form
. Depending on the size, scope, desired location and desired dates of your event we may be able to approve your event or reservation very quickly or it may take several weeks for review. We may also suggest an alternative location within Mueller. While we can usually accommodate your plans we have had to turn away groups if the event was not an appropriate match or we cannot deliver the appropriate circumstances for your group. Please note that we do not host private events such as weddings or graduation celebrations within Mueller and all reservations are non-exclusive. This means that there may be some other park goers and you cannot ask them to leave. You can email your completed Initial Inquiry Form to firstname.lastname@example.org
. You may also want to take a look at the FAQ document
which details some common questions and concerns that groups may have.
**Please understand that we cannot verbally verify dates or availablity of the Browning Hangar or any park spaces before a completed inquiry form has been submitted. Following completion of the form, a Mueller Representative will contact you in regards to your event.
Depending on the size and scope of your event certain areas may be used:
Northwest Greenway Pavillion
Lake Park - Trellis
Lake Park - Ampitheatre (uncovered concrete stage with grassy seating surrounding it)
Lake Park - Meadow
Lake Park - Picnic Areas
Please note that Ella Wooten Park and the Southwest Greenway are not available for any group use or commercial activities such as boot camps or pool parties.
Browning Hangar -
The Hangar is covered but open air near Lake Park The Browning Hangar has separate use guidelines, the Hangar Interim Use Guidelines
. Depending on event size, it may include insurance requirements, additional fees and a license agreement.
The Hangar is currently in an interim period prior to final development. It is owned by the City of Austin and managed by Catellus to be used for development purposes, including sales and marketing activities. The coordinated plan of interim use activates the Hangar site as a temporary location for large-scale events, small business activity and informal neighborhood gathering.
Reservation and Event Fees
There are usage fees for the facilities at Mueller, that vary depending on the size and scope of your event. The minimum fee is $25 and fees can go up to $5000. We require payment of fees prior to the date being reserved. In order to determine the total fees for your event, please submit the Initial Inqury Form